Saturday, February 12, 2011

It's All About ME...... The ATE of the House

I'm Camille Keith Alcantara, thirteen years of age, and live in Brgy. Concepcion, San Pablo City. I have five siblings and they are Jomar, Andrea, Joshua, MJ,and Angelo, respectively. My parents are Marlon and  Jessebel Alcantara. My mother gave birth to her first child on December 5,1996 and and I am that child.


Being the eldest, I have responsibilities to do. When my mother or father or both of them is not around, I am the one who take in charge of my brothers and sisters and the maintenance of the house. Sometimes, my brothers became very naughty to bring on disorder to the house I once cleaned. Because of that I became very angry to them causing me to shout them but when I learned they are just kids and it's normal normal for them to act like that, my anger will disappear and I will just continue whatever I'm doing. That's the way I act as the 'ATE of the House'.


Not only the supremacy amongst your younger siblings is the right you can have when you're the eldest child but also the one whom your parents prioritized when it comes to education. In my case, we are four students in the family and when there are expenses in school to be paid at the same time, my parents paid mine first and the rest is on the other day. They always do that even in school trip-outs. They always prioritize my extra curricular activities than my brothers and sister. I am very thankful to them because of that.


Although, there are good features of being the eldest, there are also features that makes me think that it's hard being the eldest. This is the big expectation to me by my parents. They always wanted me to excel in school but sometimes, it is hard for me to do that. there are skills I cannot do and subjects I cannot master. When I fail to give what they expect, I feel sadness and regression. I want to give back their trust to me that I can do it but I can't. Like any other person, there are things I cannot do. I also have limits like everyone do.


I learned that its hard being the eldest child but its much, much harder being a parent so I keep on understanding them as far as I can do. I hope they do understand me also.





No comments:

Post a Comment